Welcome to the "Landlords" section of FindLaw's Real Estate Center. Here you will find legal information and tips on legal issues related to renting out your residential property to a tenant -- including lease agreements, evictions, property repairs, return of security deposits, and more. Check out FindLaw's Guide to the Eviction Process for Landlords for a printer-friendly reference guide to the challenging process of eviction.
- 10 Tips for Being a Low-Risk Landlord
- Adding a Roommate to Your Lease
- Advertising Rental Property
- Advertising Rental Property Tips
- Does the Landlord Need a Reason to Terminate the Lease at the Expiration of the Term?
- Fair Housing Laws, Complaints, and Lawsuits
- Get Legal Help with a Landlord-Tenant Issue
- How Does the Landlord Terminate the Lease for Cause?
- How to Evict a Tenant: 3 Ways Landlords Can Get the Legal Advice They Need NEW!
- Landlord Tenant Disputes FAQs
- Landlord Tips for Managing Property
- Landlord/Property Associations
- Landlords and the Law - Forms and Resources
- Perks of Being a Landlord
- Tax Deductions for Landlord Responsibilities
- Ten Landlord Legal Mistakes to Avoid
- Tenant Background Screening FAQ
- What Does the Landlord Need to Do to Evict the Tenant?